Our curriculum is designed to ensure all students know success and have the knowledge and skills to ensure they leave St Edmunds as qualified, fully rounded citizens with an active understanding of social justice and faith – locally, nationally and globally.
Curriculum planning reflects this vision with clearly shared expectations of what is to be taught and how it is sequenced, time allocated to check learning and to bridge gaps in knowledge.
The curriculum holds EBACC subjects at its CORE with vocational and technical subjects to complement the academic offer and provide links to local workforce needs. Targets for all students are challenging and aspirational to ensure all students strive to achieve their own personal best. Subject curriculum is designed to be adaptable to meet all student needs particularly upper ability, SEND and disadvantaged pupils.
Changes have been put in place this year, to ensure students in Years 7 and 8 have more curriculum time dedicated to English. In addition, Year 7 have 10 minutes each day to complete silent reading in order to develop skills in extended writing. Through improving levels of literacy in KS3, we believe that all students will have improved access to the information, knowledge and understanding required to succeed at GCSE, and to enhance their ability to write extended answers across all curriculum areas.
There is also more curriculum time given to Science in Years 7, 8 and 9. This is to ensure that in future years, triple science students will have sufficient time to complete their studies in Years 10 and 11. We believe this will allow them to study and prepare for examinations more effectively and, ultimately, improve their outcomes.
Our academic, vocational and personal development curriculums are all designed to extend the cultural capital of our pupils so that they have the confidence to reach outside and beyond their comfort zone to new learning and new success.
- 09. Curriculum Timeline Product Design pdf406.8 KbOct 3rd, 2019
- 08. Curriculum Timeline Food pdf352.2 KbOct 3rd, 2019
- 06. Curriculum Timeline Art pdf654.8 KbOct 3rd, 2019
- 07. Curriculum Timeline Engineering pdf240.0 KbOct 3rd, 2019
- 05. Food - Years 10 and 11 pdf113.2 KbOct 3rd, 2019
- 04. DT and English - Years 10 and 11 pdf137.5 KbOct 3rd, 2019
- 03. Art - Years 10 and 11 pdf138.4 KbOct 3rd, 2019
- 02. ADT - Years 12 and 13 pdf105.9 KbOct 3rd, 2019
- 01. ADT - Years 7 to 9 pdf102.8 KbOct 3rd, 2019