During the winter months, there are occasions when we may experience adverse weather conditions.
The safety of our students and staff are of extreme importance to us during this time, as well as parents and carers travelling to drop off their child. If the Principal decides, in light of local circumstances, to close the Academy due to adverse weather – then the following procedures apply.
• The school will update the Academy website of the decision
• The Principal will inform the designated officer at the Local Authority and the information will be posted on the “Wolverhampton Today” Facebook page and the Wolverhampton City Council Twitter feed by the designated Local Authority Officer.
• The news will be published on the school website.
• The school will send out a text message to alert parent/carer. Please ensure that the Academy has an up-to-date contact number.
• The Academy will also send out a notification via text message at the earliest opportunity to parent/carer.
• Radio stations will be informed of the decision, although this may take a while to be announced or find its way onto their own websites.